Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Always Planning!

School ended just last Friday, so here I am (like so many of us!) cruisin' the internet, setting up a game plan for next year.

I have packed (to move back to the grade I was in last year - argh!) and moved all my own stuff with minimal help from the custodians.  I say I move it myself so that I know where it is in August, but in reality, I end up throwing last day items in the cubbies and wishing I could fast-forward to August when I will sit in a hot (but QUIET classroom) and organize all over again. At least I saved the custodians some work.

My theme next year will once again be Adventures in Second Grade!  I have a Fairy Tale adventures word wall, a Jungle adventure board, a Safari adventure helper board, and a Pirate adventure board.  I was able to carefully tack together and move my entire word wall to the new room and I will update my words for second grade. Yay!  I also was able to get up some zebra wrapping paper for my Jungle board - now I just have to figure out what I want to go there....

That brings me to my learning list for the summer.

~ Whole Brain Learning - Last year I did some basics (Class-Yes, Teach-Ok).  In September, I'd like to do
 more.

~ Daily 5

~ CAFE - Both of these I admired first for the beautiful displays I saw on Pinterest (here is the link to my section School Ideas I Love ) and then for the great opportunity to create a more independent, self-directed second graders.

Do you think that is enough?  What are you working on for the summer?


4 comments:

  1. I am wanting to do more Whole Brain Teaching too! Right now I am seeing how I can tie it in with what I do with Conscious Discipline...which is amazing! =)

    I am always making new activities...my brain seldom turns off when it comes to school stuff! =)

    I am happy to be your 1st follower! I would love for you to come and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Heather's Heart! Thanks for being my first follower. I have to get out there and sell myself to get some flow started. I'm off to visit your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link for you to leave a link to your blog in your comments...it makes it easier for others to come visit and follow you.

    Make visits and be sure and follow others back. =)

    You have a great blog...others will love it too!

    Let me know if you ever need help.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot the link! Lol! =)

    http://www.ladybugsteacherfiles.com/2011/04/video-tutorial-leaving-direct-links-in.html


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete