Thursday, July 5, 2012

CAFE and Daily 5 What's black, white, and red all over?

My newest bulletin board!

Following the uber-responsible example of Mrs. B, I am trying to organize my summer home time.  I am so proud of myself today - I went to the gym and spent two hours working on my teaching goals.  Yay me!  I downloaded The Daily 5  book to my iPad and I am reading, highlighting, searching online, printing notes, and working on a plan for the bulletin board I will use for the Daily 5 and CAFE.  I have an adventure theme for my second graders in September and I got a bit carried away on the last day of school and put up a WILD zebra print wrapping paper as backing for this particular board.  Now, looking at the layout of my classroom I realize that board will be a huge focus up on the front wall and the perfect place for my ambitious Daily 5 and CAFE displays.  I have to get some measurements on the exact size of the board so I can continue to create the pieces I want to make for the display.  In the next couple of days, I'll keep reading The Daily 5 and making a "sketch" of the bulletin board I want to have.  My main focus is to keep the fun zebra background in a way that doesn't make any of my students queasy come September.  Check back soon to see how I am doing.

.......A few hours later I'm baaaaaack.  I just wanted to add that Mrs. Durning's site at Second Grade Is Splendid has a great series of posts for the Daily 5 as it is in her classroom.  I find myself going back to her again and again.  Thanks Mrs. Durning!

No comments:

Post a Comment